toast & tea: THE PODCAST
EPISODE 1: ELECTION 2016
Friends, hooligans, trolls of all persuasions, WELCOME to the first of many podcast episodes. Toast & Tea is advice and chit-chat that matters to Y-O-U! To start out with a societally-relevant bang, Tavis and I decided to discuss the 2016 presidential election.
So listen up and don’t forget to vote on Tuesday, November 8! You can even skip the lines and do so early!
OUR FAVORITE HILLARY MERCH
1. HumanKindCo – 10% of proceeds go to Emily’s List, Planned Parenthood, and emergeAmerica.
2. Calle del Mar – cool Cali brand that has really classic-looking Vote Hillary shirts in pink and blue. Proceeds go to Planned Parenthood and Hillary campaign.
3. I Feel Like Hillz – discovered them through following The Wing on Instagram (a really cool women’s society / physical space in NY). The Wing and Kanye-inspired I Feel Like Hillz brand co-hosted a pro-Hillary debate party in their space. Favorites: the Nasty Woman tee and cap that they just came out with.
5. Marc Jacobs – I first saw it on Kendall Jenner’s Instagram. Anna Wintour (before Vogue openly endorsed Hillary recently) helped organize a pro-Hillary show at NYFW and Altuzarra, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, and a number other designers all made designs to support hillary’s campaign.
6. FCTRY Action Figure – For every unit sold, one dollar donated to Hillary’s campaign.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT
A Seat at the Table – Solange’s new and great album. Think an indie, stripped dow n answer to Lemonade. Listen start to finish - you won’t be disappointed. Check out her Instagram too. Subliiiiiime.
Samantha Bee – Your Queen among late-night paupers. FULL FRONTAL is everything you knew you wanted, but the world refused to give you. Thank Goddess for Sam Bee. Thank every goddess.
Americanah – A beautiful novel by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. You may have heard of her TED talk, which went mainstream when Solange’s sister sampled it.
THINGS WE THINK ARE HELPFUL / FUN!
Best Election Apps & Websites – Because everyone loves a good internet quiz, and these internet-tools are ones you can actually apply to real life decisions!
Troll Trump - Automatically donate money to Hillary every time Trump tweets something horrendous! (Which is every time he tweets!)
A huge thank you to everyone who made this possible:
Our photographer, producer, Madam Podcast President herself, Emily Owart.
Our music supervisor, Jeff Gross.
The artist behind our fab, fun theme music, Jan Chmelar.
Our listeners (yes, all three of you!) for indulging our delusions of grandeur.
And thank you to our parents for creating the non-stop-talking monsters that are us!
Hi Mom! :)