nashville new year
Things to do if you only have a few days in Nashville & it also happens to be New Year's:
1. Eat at Acme Seed & Feed and take a minute to appreciate the cool decor and nightly music between your enormous mouthfuls of mac & cheese + spicy chicken.
2. Go to a typical neon cowboy bar because... you have to I guess.
3. If Chris Stapleton or Kings of Leon happen to be playing on Broadway (or any other valuable excuse presents itself), leave said cowboy bar & do not return unless there is exceptional live music or your life is in danger.
4. Find a pizza place. I have recently realized that I've unintentionally (but also very intentionally) eaten pizza in almost every city I've ever visited and I don't plan to stop now. Is there a Guinness Record for most international pizzas eaten? I've found my calling.
5. Meet some musical gentlemen and let them serenade you, cook you food, & give you a tour of the city.
Nashville seems to be the home of the modern Renaissance man. Or of whirlwind two-day romances.
Regardless, if it happens, just go with it. Also make sure to stop at the Nashville Parthenon for either: romantic scenery or general geeking out.
6. Lastly, if you have the party stamina of a grandmother, it helps to travel with friends who have a better sense of adventure and a lot more energy than you do. Count on them to bring the party back to your hotel room at 4am, wake you up from your beauty sleep, and keep going till the next night. Hangin with those rascally youths might be good for your old soul.
In short, leave your inhibitions at home, your dance moves on the floor, and no pizzas or champagnes behind.
And if you have a few more days in Nashvegas than just two, please take me with you.
1. keep her close - odesza
2. sexual healing (kygo remix) - marvin gaye, kygo
3. gooey - glass animals
4. red hot lights - moon taxi
5. oohs and ahhs - needtobreathe
6. do i wanna know? - arctic monkeys
7. delirious - grace potter
8. landslide - fleetwood mac
9. let it be (across the universe soundtrack) - carol woods, timothy t. mitchum
10. good corn liquor - the steeldrivers
11. come together - the beatles
12. where is my mind? - trampled by turtles
13. supersoaker - kings of leon
14. revelry - kings of leon
15. tennessee whiskey - chris stapleton
16. beggar’s guild - roadkill ghost choir
17. cough syrup - young the giant
18. hearts like ours - the naked and famous